The Jury Commissioner's Office compiles a master list by sending out questionnaires. Each prospective juror is summoned, via random selection.
If you are sick, call the Jury Commissioner's Office and DO NOT report for jury service.
- Jury service is conducted live, not by remote appearance such as Zoom.
- Face coverings are required to be worn at all times in the courthouse. (Please go to the California Department of Public Health for a list of approved face coverings)
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the jury trial.
- Jury deliberations will occur in the courtroom rather than in jury deliberation rooms.
If you are a summoned juror:
- Be sure to bring and wear an approved face covering at all times while in the courthouse.
- Bring your own bottled water in a sealed plastic or metal container. No glass is allowed.
- Due to COVID protocols, there is no place to eat your lunch in the courthouse. Plan to enjoy your lunch outside, or at a local dining establishment.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the lobby and courtroom.
- Personal items must fit in a clear one-gallon baggie.
Thank you very much for your willingness to serve as a juror, and to help the Court continue to provide this vital function of our democracy during these extraordinary times.